In the first few months of pregnancy, one squeezes into old clothes, wondering: when to start buying maternity clothes. It is from the second trimester of gestation that the body changes and the belly begin to grow: the time has come for the expectant mother to think about maternity clothes, which are comfortable and practical, but also in line with fashion and in any case always adequate. to your own style and needs. Usually taking advantage of a change of season, you start buying new clothes, sometimes in maternity shops, sometimes in the usual shops only by resorting to one or two sizes more.
Maternity Clothes: Basic Indications
Comfort and quality Whether you prefer skirts or trousers, dresses or jumpsuits, it is always important that maternity clothing is made of natural fiber and above all comfortable. During pregnancy, blood circulation is slowed down and you suffer more easily from swelling and water retention in the lower limbs. Better than eliminating constricting clothes and accessories such as belts, buckles, and tight fastenings, and prefer clothing in cotton or jersey, wide and adjustable at the waist. For most modern new mothers, maternity jeans are a great solution.
Cotton and natural fibers are important for underwear. In fact, contact with intimate areas, which are particularly sensitive, requires special attention. The skin of the pregnant woman is very delicate and at risk of irritation and it is therefore not recommended to use synthetic underwear, which could facilitate irritation or allergies. Maternity panties and costumes will therefore be strictly in cotton to avoid vaginal infections. The same goes for nightgowns and pajamas.
Maternity Clothes: 5 Basic Tips
Here are the tips to face this new phase of your life (transitory, but very important!) With grace and style also in terms of outfits, without giving in to the temptation of sloppy and careless looks.
- The first piece of advice, the most important: don’t lose your style, don’t let the new curves confuse your ideas and tastes as for your outfits. If you have always been minimalist in colors and lines, do not wrap yourself in multicolored dresses just to adapt to what the market offers to your most abundant shapes. Just a little forethought and you will find that you can also buy maternity dresses in line with your style now.
- Highlight the baby bump in the second trimester – it’s sexy! Whether with a super skinny fit or using the classic “empire line” (the one that gives future mothers, tightening under the breast and flaring just below or above the knee) does not hide your new curves. If you feel comfortable, use elastic and bodycon dresses. Otherwise, she opts for a “Kate Middleton look”, very skilled in gracefully emphasizing her new shapes with dresses that are tight on the bust and flared at the bottom (a nice pair of legs, in this case, are very useful!).
- Don’t abandon denim if you love it. There are comfortable and ideal maternity jeans for a casual but also elegant look. If you’ve always been a lover of jeans, it’s worth it now to make a small investment and buy a pair (or more than one) with a sheath and elasticated waist, because you’ll wear them often (and maybe they’ll come in handy in the future for a second pregnancy).
- If you want to be a little more elegant and you are progressing in pregnancy (third trimester), instead, resort to draping, comfortable, without buttons that are tiring to close or that pull with an unsightly effect. Whether it is a dress or a sweater, it is the optimal solution to make you feel comfortable.
- Indulge yourself with oversized t-shirts, cardigans, and sweaters, and forget about sleeves and shoulder lines that squeeze the breasts and rounded shapes of shoulders and arms. The oversized lines also give those who are not pregnant, if correctly balanced with leggings, skinny jeans, or very heavy socks in winter and with super flat shoes or with a heel suitable for pregnancy.
Read Also: Choose The Most Suitable Maternity Clothing